I love everything about autumn. I love how beautiful everything looks with an autumnal golden glow and I love being able to wear chunky cardigans and scarfs. Autumn is when we cling onto the last dregs of summer sunshine whilst welcoming a cooler breeze. jumping into a pile of crunchy leaves never stops being fun, no matter how old you are.
We had a wonderful summer but I am more than ready to embrace autumn now and make memories with the children. There are many ways you can make the most of autumn with your family, some of which I’ve listed below. If you have any other ideas, please feel free to let me know in the comments below.
- Little ones love seasonal activities and crafts. Wrap up warm and go searching for materials such as leaves and twigs before returning home, warming up and using all the materials you’ve collected to create something wonderful with your children.
- There is nothing quite like roasting marshmallows over a campfire. When the sun goes down, wrap up in blankets and show your children that they don’t need toys and gizmos. Having fun is as easy as making up stories around a beautiful fire whilst sipping on hot chocolates.
- Halloween isn’t something we celebrate here, but the older the children get the more we acknowledge it. For many, Halloween is the highlight of autumn and the last chance to embrace the season before winter sets in. Throw a party or visit family and friends with the children to collect hoards of naughty sugary treats. Visiting a pumpkin patch is a must!
- Bulbs are perfect for those who are looking to do some low maintenance autumnal gardening. The best thing about bulbs is, once they have been planted you can forget about them until spring.
- The children will begin to spend far more time inside than outside as the cold air sets in for winter. Make the most of being indoors, play board games, bake or get cosy and have a movie marathon with a bowl of my butternut squash soup.
I add seasonal crafts and activities to my Pinterest boards regularly. Make sure you follow our page and don’t miss out on the fantastic posts I share. I’d love to see how you are embracing autumn. Please feel free to share any photos on the Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram.