This time of year can feel rather lonely for those who are single. Being single on NYE can feel quite alienating. There is nothing worse than being surrounded by loved up couples seeing in the new year together. You might long for a companion, somebody to share special moments with, or you might simply desire something a little less serious, no strings attached dating, the opportunity to have fun with somebody without any heavy involvement or commitment.
There are so many ways you can have fun on NYE, even when you are single. Below are ten ways you can increase your changes of meeting someone new to have fun with, and perhaps get to know on a more personal level as the new year begins.
- Head out with the girls/boys. Nothing is more alluring than seeing another person enjoying themselves, laughing and having fun as if they do not have a care in the world. You are sure to catch the eye of a potential date with a smile on your face and the world at your feet.
- Host a NYE party, invite your friends, and ask them to invite their friends. The likelihood of meeting someone new through mutual friends is incredibly high. What better place to meet someone new than in familiar surroundings.
- Join an adult dating site in advance of the big night, if somebody catches your eye, arrange to meet for a drink or a meal to celebrate the new year.
- The world is your oyster, so why visit the same bars and clubs? Take a taxi to a nearby town or city and check out somewhere new. Who knows what, and who, you’ll find in a different location.
- Why stop at a new location? I can’t think of a better way to see in a new year than by pushing yourself completely out of your comfort zone. New Years Eve is always full to the brim with events and functions for everyone to enjoy, so why don’t you explore what is on in your area? Trying something new is exhilarating, what could be better than new experiences and new faces?
- Avoid romantic settings, the chances of finding somebody single in a romantic setting such as a restaurant are low. Most couples will embrace the romance that NYE brings, whereas single people will be doing exactly what you are doing, heading somewhere new and exploring new possibilities in the hope of finding somebody new to have fun with.
- Look at NYE from a different angle, instead of seeing romance and couples everywhere, see the opportunity for new possibilities. Think positively and from a different perspective. Be open-minded about your need to wave goodbye to the past year with some no strings fun and frolics. Be brave, be bold, don’t be afraid to be upfront about what you want.
- Turn off your phone, nobody will show interest in somebody who is scrolling through social media on NYE instead of enjoying themselves.
- Use the New Years tradition of kissing when the clock strikes midnight to your advantage. Have you had your eye on somebody all night? Now is your chance to show you are interested! Don’t take it too seriously.
- If you are reading this and thinking ‘but I’m not the type of person who indulges in no strings fun and one night stands’ then I totally why you have reservations, however, let me assure you that New Years is the best time to shake off old habits and explore new possibilities. All the fun without the commitment could be exactly what you need.
You want to look back and think ‘yes, I was single on NYE, and it was great’ rather than ‘yes, I was single on NYE and I’ve never felt more alone’, don’t you? Then go for it, what have you got to lose? New Year, no inhibitions, no strings, new possibilities.