Many people believe that indulging in a little self-care comes with expense attached. Of course, some forms of self-care such as visiting a coffee shop or treating yourself to a new dress do cost money, but if your budget is tight, there are plenty of ways you can look after yourself without spending a penny. Today I’d like to share with you some of my favorite budget friendly self-care ideas for you to try for yourself. Some are so simple, you’ll wonder why you haven’t done it sooner!
- Take a bath. Bath’s are the perfect way to practice budget friendly self-care. All you need is a bathtub, some music or a good book and some peace and quiet.
- Search your local charity shops or take a look at the Amazon Book Outlet (aff) to find new and exciting books to read.
- Take a walk. Walking is free, nature is free, what is stopping you? Gentle exercise is good for our both our minds and our bodies.
- Keep a journal, the only cost to you is the price of a journal and some stationary, the rest is entirely cost-free. I have found keeping a bullet journal hugely beneficial.
- Podcasts are a great alternative to listening to music or watching videos. My favorites are Scummy Mummies and Happy Mum Happy Baby. Podcasts are available on most smartphones, fabulous for a little on-the-go me time.
- Do a workout or yoga – there are loads of completely free step-by-step videos on YouTube to help you get started.
Self-care isn’t about the big things, it’s often the little things that make the biggest difference to our well-being. A tight budget is no excuse not to take some time out for yourself. Try some of the suggestions above and let me know what you think. If you have any other