I love a bucket list, don’t you? List’s are what keep me organised and on top of everything in day-to-day life. I keep lists for everything from what’s in my freezer to what blog posts and YouTube videos I need to write. Bucket list’s are a different kind of list, a bucket list is a collection of experiences or achievements that a person or a group of people hope to accomplish within a specific time-frame.
I try to write bucket lists at the start of each year, or just before I reach a milestone. My most recent bucket list was my summer holiday bucket list. I also wrote a bucket list on my 24th birthday, detailing everything I wanted to do or achieve before my 30th birthday.
2019 is just days away, so today I thought I’d share everything that we as a family hope to achieve over the next year. 2018 was a mixture of highs, lows and big changes. Mia started juniors school, Theo has thrived at infants school and I finally started to make our house a home. The list below includes both big achievements and little victories as well as memories we’d like to make.
Our family 2019 bucket list.
- Go on holiday, nowhere exciting, just a weekend away on the Norfolk coast would be lovely.
- Go to a children’s festival.
- Enjoy a circus.
- Spend a day at the beach during the summer.
- Get Theo riding a bike without stabilizers.
- Go sight-seeing in London.
- Go to a pumpkin patch for Halloween.
- Visit Winter Wonderland in London.
- Spend the day at a theme park.
- Visit Windsor where my grandmother was raised.
- See a west end show such as Shrek or The Lion King.
- Have some professional family photos taken.
- Visit Colchester Zoo.
- Go to Africa Alive.
- Explore BeWILDerwood again.
- Visit the Natural History Museum.
- Visit the Science Museum.
- Complete Go Ape! at Thetford Forest.
- Get both children to swim confidently without aids.
- Visit the seals at Horsey beach.
- Watch a pantomime.
- Go Geocaching.
- Go crabbing.
- Fly kites.
- Decorate our entire house, inside and out, for Christmas.
- Take Mia to see Little Mix or Ariana Grande live.
- Get my driving license sorted.
- Get a car.
- Do something for charity.
- Take the kids to a skatepark to ride their custom scooters
- Go ice skating.
- Grow our own vegetables.
- Grow our own herbs.
- Camp out for at least one night.
- Go to a proper fireworks display.
- Save up enough money for the children’s passports ready for 2020 adventures!
- Do more as a family.
- Visit the local market more often.
- Be less wasteful.
- Go tubing or indoor skiing.
- Have a yes day where Mummy says yes to everything the children say!
So there you have it, our family bucket list for 2019.
Forty things I hope to do or achieve with the children over the next year. We may not manage to tick off everything, but we’ll definitely give it a good go! What do you and your family hope to do/achieve over the next year? Let me know in the comments below. Happy New Year guys!