Do you ever look back and realise how much time you’ve wasted?
Today is my birthday, I am officially 24 years old. I’m nearly halfway to 50, with not a lot to show for it.
Of course I have my beautiful children and a lovely home, I work hard to provide what I can for them and live each and every day making their little worlds happy.
But what have I really done?
I’ve decided to compile a bucket list – 30 things to do/achieve before I’m 30.
Each time something is completed it can be ticked off and I can look back in a few years time and be proud. A bucket list will also give me inspiration on the days I’m feeling a bit down in the dumps and it also means I’ll always have something to plan – well, for six years anyway!
30 before 30.
- Go camping. Proper camping. No phone, no hairdryer, nothing. Just me and my babies going back to basics.
- Go abroad. I haven’t been abroad since I was 14. I’ve been to Paris, Lanzarote and Turkey and I love the hot weather and different cultures. I’d love to visit Barcelona.
- Go to Disneyland Florida. It’s somewhere Mia has dreamed of visiting since she could talk.
- Get my dodgy tattoo covered.
- Write an eBook.
- Pass my driving test.
- Buy a car.
- See a show at the West End.
- See in the new year in London.
Get better at making desserts. Read. A proper book. Not just the leaflets out of school book bags.
- Make the most of where we live – Norfolk is beautiful if you look in the right places!
- Quit smoking.
Get my glad-rags on and possibly win an award (ahem – Allergy Blog Awards UK)
- Spend a day at the beach with the children, paddling, building sand castles and watching the sun go down with a bag of chips and a wooden fork.
- Start exercising – properly and regularly.
- See Adele live.
- Hold a spider. The big hairy scary kind.
- Volunteer for a children’s charity.
- Raise money for a children’s charity.
- Further my education.
- Have a Grey’s Anatomy marathon. Just me, myself and chocolate.
- Write a will – depressing I know but you never know what is around the corner!
- Let go of the past.
- Be more spontaneous.
- Learn the basics of a different language.
Give my children their dream bedroom.
- Get Mia into dance lessons.
- Take my children to a show.
- Make a list of 35 things to do before I am 35.
Wow – that was harder than I thought! But I’m determined to tick half of these off in three years.