Nothing beats a cosy blanket… they are perfect for snuggling up in winter and taking along on adventures in the summer. Recently My Picture very kindly sent us a photo blanket and it’s the cutest blanket I have ever owned. Not only that, it’s also PERFECT for summer fun and family time. Have a read of why I think having two children is easier than having one here.
Mia and Theo are incredibly close siblings but during the summer holidays they tire of each others company quickly. I have come up with a short but fantastic list of easy summer activities using blankets which are perfect for siblings.
At least one of the ideas below should give help to ease any bickering – I hope you find it useful!
- Picnic – nothing beats a good old-fashioned summer picnic. The children can burn off any energy they’ve been using to bicker exploring nature and you can sit back and enjoy a peaceful lunch.
- Super hero cape – it’s incredibly easy to turn negative energy between siblings into fun imaginative play using just a blanket and little imagination. Safely attach a blanket to your children’s shoulders and transform them into the worlds greatest superhero.
- Movie night – this one is entirely dependant on whether you can get your children to actually agree on a movie. Once they’ve chosen a film, snuggle up under a blanket and enjoy it as a family. Sometimes, all they need is a little time to unwind. You can find more tips for helping your children to unwind here.
- Blanket fort – when I was a child I loved making blanket forts out of blankets and bed sheets. Challenge your children to create a blanket fort together. Once it’s built they’ll spend hours within it amusing themselves, well, twenty minutes at least!
- Trampoline camp out – this activity is perfect for summer. Simple bundle all the blankets you own and your children onto a trampoline (or the lawn if you don’t have one) and sleep beneath the stars. It’s a truly wonderful experience that all children will enjoy and remember for years to come.
We love our My Picture photo blanket – it’s beautifully soft and the photo quality is of a high standard. It’s the perfect size for cosy cuddles and fits easily into a bag to take along with us on days out. I’d recommend a My Picture photo blanket to anyone looking for a truly unique personalised gift.
Fancy winning a photo blanket of your own? Simply enter using the Gleam app below. Giveaway ends on 3/9/2018. Any entrants found to be entering using multiple personas will be immediately disqualified.
We were very kindly gifted My Picture photo blanket in return for an honest review. All views and opinions are my own.